FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello (right) congratulating the Principal, GSS Kubwa Mr Musa Nuhu Zuru (left) with his his prize of a brand new car as the best School Administrator in Nigeria, on Friday 8th October 2021.
…ORDERS CONSTRUCTION OF MULTI-PURPOSE HALL IN SCHOOL
1. FCT Minister Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has expressed great pride on the achievement of the principal of Government Secondary School Kubwa on being adjudged the best national School Administrator at the recent World Teachers’ Day celebration.
2. The Minister said this when he received the Principal Mr Musa Nuhu Zuru and the proprietress, Blooming Heritage Schools Mrs Adedunke, Modupe Abiri whose school also emerged as the 3rd best private primary school in the country in his office on Friday, October 8 2021
(L-R) Proprietress, Blooming Heritage Schools, Abuja Mrs Adedunke Modupe Abiri presenting her school’s certificate as the 3rd best private primary school to the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello on Friday, 8th October 2021
3. The Minister said their emergence was a reflection of the high quality of education in FCT schools. The Minister said “I’m extremely proud of your achievements, including the achievement of our numerous students in both public and private schools, who have been able, over the last few years, to get awards and to come up tops in competitions. All these are a reflection of the educational system of the FCT.
4. The Minister also commented that the overstretched facilities in some FCT schools are as a result of the confidence of the residents of the Territory and even neighboring states in the FCT educational sector, hence the constant desire to enroll their children in them.
5. While pledging that the Administration will continue to do its best to uphold the standards already established in FCT Schools, he also emphasized on the need for all stakeholders to work together.
6. Malam Belo said “all we need is to work together and make sure that the quality is maintained and then we at the policy making level will try our very best to ensure that funding and all the needed support is granted within what is feasible and what is possible”.
7. The Minister also commended the Permanent Secretary, the Secondary Education Board and the Department of Quality Assurance which supervises the activities of private schools in the FCT for their good showing on the national stage saying that it was as a result of the emphasis the FCT Administration has placed on the development of education in accordance with the agenda of the Administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
8. On the request of the Principal of GSS Kubwa for a new multipurpose hall, the FCT Minister directed that a new hall should be built in the school in time for the students to write the 2022 terminal examinations.
9. In his remarks, Mr Musa Nuhu Zuru, principal, GSS Kubwa thanked the FCT Minister for providing the enabling environment that allowed FCT schools to excel adding that all required school facilities were provided by the FCT Administration.
10. In a similar vein the Proprietress of Blooming Heritage Schools Mrs Adedunke Modupe Abiri also commended the efforts of the Education Secretariat especially the Department of Quality Assurance for their roles in ensuring the success of her school.
11. The FCTA Permanent Secretary, Mr Olusade Adesola as well as the Ag Secretary for Education, Alh Abdulrazak Leramoh and the Chairman FCT Secondary Education Board, Hon. Musa Yahaya all pledged to work harder to maintain the high standards of FCT schools and said that the achievements of the awardees will encourage other principals and teachers to put in their best.
Chief of Staff to FCT Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu,(1st left) Principal GSS Kubwa, Mr Musa Nuhu Zuru (2nd left) presenting his Certificate as the best School Administrator in Nigeria to FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello (3rd left) Right is the Permanent Secretary, FCTA Mr Olusade Adesola n Friday, 8th October 2021.
12. Also present at the event were the Chief of staff to the FCT Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, the Director Secondary Education Board, Mrs Nanre Emeje and other senior staff of the FCTA.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY