The Department of Public Buildings is responsible for the development of public buildings and housing in the Federal Capital Territory. It undertakes the designs, evaluation, costing and production of Tender documents and supervises construction works. The Department also advises the FCDA and any government organization on building and related issues within the FCT.
The Department of Public Buildings comprises of seven divisions which are as follows:
- Designing and Construction
- Logistics and Cultural Buildings
- Ministries and Cultural Buildings
- Quantity Surveying
- Institutional Buildings
- Housing Resettlement
Key Projects Executed The numerous projects executed by the Department of Public Buildings can best be summarized as follows:
- Housing Projects
- Security staff Housing.
- Legislative Aides Houses.
- Residences of the Deputy Senate President and the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives.
- Terrace Housing
- The Replacement housing Scheme
- The Completion of the FCT Housing scheme
- The Jibi Resettlement Housing Scheme
- The Apo Resettlement Scheme
- The Galuyi – Shere Resettlement Scheme
National Priority Projects
- The Construction of the FCT Headquarters.
- The Furnishing of the Supreme Court Complex
- The Completion of the Presidential Complex
- The Federal Ministry Building Plot 04 Phase II
- The Construction of the Assembly Complex Part I Phase II
- The Completion of the Federal Ministry Building Phase I