The FCTA Ministerial SERVICOM Unit was established in 2005 following a directive to all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) including the FCT Administration to establish a SERVICOM Unit by the then Secretary to the Federal Government of the Federation.
SERVICOM is an acronym for Service Compact with All Nigerians. It was established in 2004 as the outcome of a Three-day Special Presidential Retreat on Service Delivery with the President, Ministers, Special Advisers, Presidential Aides and Chief Executives of major Extra-ministerial Departments and Parastatals. It is conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria as an initiative to promote effective and efficient service delivery in MDAs to ensure customer satisfaction and to manage the performance-expectation gap between Government and citizens as well as other members of the public, on issues of service delivery.
SERVICOM is meant to ensure that the public (service takers) understand their rights to public services, the service standards as contained in the MDA’s Service Charter, what they should expect and how to demand for that service or speak up where it is deficient or lacking.
Structure of the Unit
The Unit is situated under the Office of the Permanent Secretary and is headed by a Nodal Officer. There is also a network of Focal Officers in the various Secretariats, Departments and Agencies of the FCT Administration.
To Improve FCT Residents’ Satisfaction by Promoting Excellent Service Delivery by all the FCTA SDAs.
To be the Foremost Change Agent for Service Excellence in the FCT
- To Spearhead the Ministry; Extra-Ministerial Department or Parastatals Service Delivery Initiative through SERVICOM compliance;
- To Produce, review and monitor performance of charter from the Ministry and it’s Parastatals;
- Institute a complaints procedure including Grievance Redress mechanism for the Ministry and it’s Parastatals;
- Ensure the promotion of quality assurance and best practices in the Ministry’s performance of its functions;
- Provide a comprehensive and effective training policy for frontline staff on customer relations and related matters;
- Disseminate best practices and other tips on service delivery improvement
- Implement SERVICOM standards in the FCT
- Identify all customers of the FCTA
- Ensure good service delivery to all categories of customers
- Develop, review and improve the FCTA’s Service Charter
- Facilitate SERVICOM Compliance Evaluations and adapt the index to conduct service delivery evaluations
- Develop techniques for identifying, diagnosing and addressing service delivery problems in the FCT(SDAs)
- Develop Specific service improvement plans and initiatives for the FCT(SDAs)
- Handle complaints and devise improved systems for collecting feedback and receiving customer complaints
- Develop strategies for leading and managing change in the FCT(SDAs)
- CORE VALUES
- Excellence: We are dedicated to giving the best and world class service achieving excellence
- Integrity: We act with honesty and integrity, not compromising the truth
- Accountability: We accept our individual and team responsibilities.
- Efficiency: Being efficient & effective in our approach to improving service delivery
- Commitment: To service that impacts lives of the citizens.
- GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- Affirmation of commitment to the service of the Nigerian nation.
- Conviction that Nigeria can only realize its full potential if citizens receive prompt and efficient services from the state.
- Consideration of the needs and rights of all Nigerians to enjoy social and economic advancement.
- Dedication to deliver services to which citizens are entitled timely, fairly, honestly, effectively & transparently.
Mrs. Funmilayo C. Kayode