The FCT Archives & History Bureau was established in 2005 through an administrative order (FCTA/MM/01) of May 11, 2005 in line with the National Decree of 1992. It was established with the basic objective of serving as a central location for effective archiving of public records that have been generated, over the years, since the creation of the Federal Capital Territory on 4th February 1976.
- Establish and sustain an easy-to-access computerized records management system of the FCT.
- Maintain archives of all non-current records of the FCTA
- Create and maintain a database of all information relevant and necessary for the effective development and governance of the FCT (inclusive of demographic, economic and social data, comparative data on other cities may also be included).
- Use these records and database to make well-informed, timely and regular inputs into policy formation, decision-making and policy implementation by the FCTA and other arms of government
- Records Management Division
- Archives Administration Division
- Preservation & Conservation Division
- General Administration Division
- Information & Customer Services Unit
- Accounts Unit
- Audit Unit
- Data Management Centre