A diligent, family and public health Physician, erudite educationist, highly organized and efficient professional with a thorough and precise approach to engagements which has produced excellent results to date. A team player that motivates and influence her cohort to deliver desirable goals. Able to manage own time effectively and prioritize workload through premium service delivery.
Date of Birth: January 15, 1978
Marital Status: Married
State of Origin: Kano State
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Strategic planning and tactical execution.
• A Team player.
• Have erudite organizational ability
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Speaks English and Hausa languages fluently.
Member Kano State Executive council Nov 2019 to May 2023
Honourable Commissioner Ministry for Higher Education, Kano State Nov 2019 to May 2023
Consultant Family Physician and Co-Ordinator Post graduate Training, Dept. of Family Medicine
Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital, Kano. Feb 2019- to Nov 2019.
Post Part 2 Senior Registrar, Dept. of family medicine, AKTH May- November 2018
Chief Resident, Dept. of Family Medicine (AKTH) May –October 2014
Senior Registrar, Dept. of Family Medicine (AKTH) April 2012 – May 2018
Registrar, Dept. of Family Medicine (AKTH) Jan. 2009- April 2012
Medical Officer, Dept. of Family Medicine (AKTH) Nov. 2007- Nov. 2008
Medical Officer (NYSC) Staff clinic N.M.D.C Jos 2006-2007
House Officer, Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hosp, Kano 2005-2006
MSc in Public Health Bayero University Kano In-View
Fellow National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (FMCFM) May 2018
Associate Fellow National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria
(Part one Family Medicine) May 2012
Member West African college of physician (MWACP) April 2012
Associate Fellow (Primary) Dept. of Family Medicine March 2008
M.B.B. S Bayero University, Kano May 2005
IJMB December 1997
S.S.S.C. E,. WAEC June 1995
First School Leaving Certificate 1989
SCHOOLS ATTENDED WITH DATES
National post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria May 2018
National post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria May 2012
West African College of Physician April 2012
National Post Graduate Medical College March 2008
Bayero University Medical College 1998-2005
College of Art & Science Kano 1996-1997
Govt. Girls’ Science College Garko, Kano 1993-1995
Govt.Girls’ Arabic College T/ Wada, Kano 1990-1993
Bunkure Gari Primary School . Bunkure, Kano 1984-1989
Essential Management skills Mtd London, United Kingdom 2023
Executive, Leadership and management Training WIGS Istanbul, Turkey 2022
Fellowship WING Institute for Gender Studies, Istanbul Turkey 2022
Budgeting and Planning for Executives, Workshop Organised
By Ministry of Planning and Budget, Kano. 2020.
Governance and Executive Management workshop
Office of the SSG, Kano, 2019
Training of Trainers by National post graduate Medical college of Nigeria
(NPMCN), Abuja 2019
HIV [e] Education Computer Based Learning Course by University Of Amsterdam the Netherlands. 2017
Research Methodology in Medicine, Lagos NPMCN 2013
The Neglected Tropical Diseases: Family Physician to the Rescue NPMCN 2013
Heath Resources Management Course, Lagos NPMCN 2013
Current Trend in the Management of HIV Infection NPMCN 2011
Medical Ethics, Ibadan, Oyo State WACP 2011
The Family Physician as an Educator, Jos WACP 2011
Management for Front-line Doctors Ogbomosho NPMCN 2010
Lifestyle Medicine, Jos plateau state NPMCN, 2010
SOME COMMITEES AND COHORT MEMBERSHIP
1. Kano State Presidential and Gubernatorial Campaign Council 2022/23 Member
Kano State Presidential and Gubernatorial Campaign Council
2. Welfare Sub Committee, Women Wing Chairperson
3. Kano State—- Campus France Scholarship Bilateral Agreement Coordinator
4. Kano state Scholarship screening and payment committee Chairperson
5. Organizing Committee for the public Presentation of a Book,
Titled Deputizing and Governance in Nigeria Member
6. High powered Implementation committee for the establishment of
College of Health Sciences at Aliko Dangote University of
Science and Technology Wudil. Member
7. Kano State Steering committee on Education Member
8. Governing council, Maryam Abacha University Kano Member
9. Kano State Committee on Prevention of Drug Abuse among Youths Member
8. Covid 19 Isolation centre, Daula /Ni’ima Isolation Centre Coordinator
9. Bunkure LGA Steering Committee (Caucus) Member
10. Rano LGA Reconciliation committee on Political Matters Chairperson
SOME ACCOLADES AND ACHIEVEMENTS AS A PUBLIC SERVANT
1. Upgrade of Sa’adatu Rimi College of Education to Sa’adatu Rimi University of Education, Kumbotso.
2. Constituting of Governing Councils to all the eight (8) State owned Tertiary Institutions.
3. Visitation Panel Exercise to all the eight (8) State owned Tertiary Institutions and production of white papers.
4. Creation of additional Campus at Gwamai Dawakin Tofa Local Government under Kano State polytechnic.
5. Creation of additional Campus at Kunchi Local Government under Kano State College of Education and Preliminary Studies.
6. Conversion of Status for Audu Bako College of Agriculture, Dambatta to a polytechnic (Process ongoing)
7. Conversion of Status for Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso College of Advanced and Remedial Studies. T/Wada to College of Education (process ongoing)
8. Conversion of Status for college of Aminu Kano College of Islamic and Legal Studies to College of Education and Legal Studies (Process ongoing).
9. Establishment of Muhammad Abdullahi Wase Teaching Hospital (MAWTH) for yusuf Maitama Sule Medical College and securing Land for medical student’s hostel and Academic offices adjacent to MAWTH.
10. Creation of two Directorates in the Ministry for Higher Education: Directorate for Planning, Research and Statistics and that of Information and communication Technology.
11. Introduction of New Course including postgraduate courses in most of the Institutions like Sa’adatu Rimi, YUMSUK, ADUSTECH, Kano State Polytechnic etc…
12. Renewal of Memorandum of Agreement between Kano State Government and Campus France on joint Scholarship for Kano Scholars and payment of counterpart funding.
13. Construction of theatre, student’s common room and Road network in AKCILS.
14. Construction of Student Hostel and Road network in Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso College of Advanced and Remedial studies T/Wada.
1. Physical Activity and Exercise for Health: Hospital presentation at AKTH 2017
2. Importance of Female Child Education at Maitama Girls Academy, Kano 2016
3. Stress management for Stanbic IBTC staff at Grand central Hotel, Kano 2013
4. Role of Self Breast Examination in Early Detection of Breast Cancer 2013
For Etisalat staff
1. Mahmoud M, Taiga-Ahmed FI, Jalo RI, et al. Predictors of Adherence to Tuberculosis Treatment Among Adolescents in Kano, Nigeria. J Nag Infect Dis Sock 2022; 1(2):48–59. DOI: https://doi.org/10.58539/JNIDS.2022.1209 2022
2. Case book of 20 patients managed at MMSH and AKTH Kano 2018
3. Determinants of Anti-TB drugs Adherence amongst adult patients 2018
Attending DOTs Clinic AKTH, Kano
4. Assessment of Nutritional Status amongst Under-fives in Bunkure LG. 2004
ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Society for Family Physician of Nigeria (SOFPON)
Nigeria Medical Association (NMA)
Association of Resident Doctors (ARD)
Treasurer Association of Resident Doctors (AKTH)
Medical Women Association (MWAN)
Islamic Medical Association (IMAN)
Executive Member Parent Teachers Association Maitama Girls Academy
Kano State Science Students Association (KASSOSA)
President Garko Old Girls Association
1. Production and Distribution of Exercise Books, Class registers to several Schools in Rano, Bunkure and Kibia LGAs of Kano State.
2. Women and Youth Empowerment Programmes in Bunkure, Rano and Kibia LGA of Kano State
3. Job Opportunities and Offers to several youths in Kano State and Beyond
4. Renovation of Mosques, Islamiyah Schools in Bunkure LGA
5. Erection and repair of Bore Holes in Barkum and Bunkure Wards of Bunkure LGA, Kano State.
6. Provision of 500KVA Transformer to Unguwa uku Yan Awaki, Tarauni LGA, Kano.
7. Payment of WAEC, NECO, JAMB and Tertiary institution Registration fees to Indigent students in Kano State
8. Nigeria Medical Association Medical Outreach at Bunkure comprehensive
9. Medical Women Association Medical Outreach at Wudil General Hospital, 2018
10. Radio Programs on Traditional Harmful Practices like Uvulectomy and its dire consequences 2017
11. Malaria and its Preventive measures, Depression and Importance of Ante- natal care among others. 2018
12. Gandujiyya Medical outreach programs in 44 LGA of Kano State 2 015- Date
13. Association of Resident Doctors Medical Outreach at Minjibir General Hospital 2013
SOME AWARDS RECEIVED
1. Award of Honour Ministry for Higher Education Kano State 2023
2. Award of Honour : Medical Women’s Association 2023
3. Distinguish Merit Award : Nigeria Focus Achievers International Magazine 2022
4. Kano Influencers Award : Christ Embassy North west Zone 2022
5. Award of honour : Kano state college of education and preliminary studies 2022
6. Leadership Excellence Award: Dept. of cooperatives, Economics and management.
Kano state Polytechnic 2022
7. Northern Star (TauraruwarvArewa) AMINIYA Daily Trust 2022
8. Award of Excellence Bunkure Youth Development Association 2022
9. Award of Honour: Academic Staff Union Of Aminu Kano College of Islamic and
Legal Studies Kano 2022
10. Peace Ambassadors Award Northern Nigerian Youth Peace Ambassadors 2022
11. Kano Heroin Award: Pay it forward Initiative 2021
12. Award of Honour Kano State Higher institution Games Association 2021
13. Award of Excellence : Min. for Women and Social Development, Kano 2021
14. Award of Honour: Academic Staff Union Of Aminu Kano College of Islamic and
Legal Studies Kano 2021
15. Award Of Excellence: National Association of Kano State Students 2021
16. Award of Excellence: Crescent University Abeokuta Alumni, Kano State Chapter 2021
17. Award of Recognition: Kano science school old Students Association 2020
18. Certificate of Commendation: National Association of Nigerian Students 2020
19. Award of Honours: National Metallurgical Development Centre Jos 2007 Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria 2006
20. Award of Honours Welfare committee of Kano State Medical Students Association 2004
21. Anatomical Society of Bayero University Kano 1998
Reading, Travelling, community Services
• Professor J.D.Amin
University of Maiduguri
PMB 1069,, Maiduguri Borno State
• Professor Ibrahim Adamu Yakasai
Provost College of Medical Sciences Bayero University,
• Professor Mohammed Kabir Abubakar,
Head of Surgery Department and
Consultant Orthopaedics and Spine Surgeon, Bayero University and Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano