…PLEDGES FULL INVESTIGATION
1. The Honourable Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has expressed shock and deep sadness over the fire incident that engulfed the Next Cash and Carry Supermarket in Abuja on Sunday, 26th December, 2021.
2. Malam Bello, on behalf of the FCT Administration and the entire residents of the FCT Commiserates with the management and staff of the supermarket and the FCT business community over the unfortunate incident.
3. The Minister commended the FCT Fire Service, the Federal Fire Service, the Fire Service Departments of the Nigerian Navy, Air Force, Guards Brigade and Julius Berger Nig. PLC that responded with their fire-fighting equipment.
4. He equally commended the FCT FEMA, the National Emergency Management Agency, Security agencies and other responders for their efforts in containing the blaze,
5. Malam Bello also assured that a thorough investigation will be conducted to ascertain the cause of the fire incident in an effort to prevent a reoccurrence in any other business establishment within the FCT.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY