1. FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has condoled with the Senator representing the FCT in the National Assembly, Distinguished Senator Philip Aduda on the death of his Father, Rt. Rev. Tanimu Samari Aduda who died on Wednesday, 20th of October, 2021.
2. Malam Bello, who was accompanied by the FCTA Permanent Secretary, Mr Olusade Adesola on a condolence visit to the Aduda family compound in Karu, Abuja, said that the Aduda family name was an institution in the FCT due to the efforts of the late parents of the Senator.
3. In the words of the Minister “your family is now an institution in the FCT through the efforts of your parents of blessed memory. Your mother was always known and of course your father as well. Many of the people know the name without even knowing the face”.
FCT Minister Malam Muhammad Musa Bello (right) condoles Senator Philip Aduda over the death of his father at the Aduda family compound at Karu, Abuja on Wednesday, 20/10/2021
4. The Minister also expressed his appreciation to Senator Aduda who he said had remained a brother to him since his appointment as FCT Minister. He prayed for the repose of the soul of the deceased and pledged the participation of the Administration in the funeral of the late clergyman.
5. Speaking after the visit, Senator Philip Aduda expressed appreciation to the Minister who was one of the early callers to the family compound saying that the visit meant a lot to his family.
6. He said “The FCT Minister is the father of the FCT, the Governor of the FCT and the one in charge of the FCT. So, his visit means a lot to all of us and for him to have visited us has made us to be excited because we, as a family in the FCT, we take each other as one. So, we are indeed very grateful and very happy to have received him.
7. Senator Aduda described his father as a wonderful disciplinarian who put his children on the path of righteousness and was responsible largely for their successes in life
8. The late Rev. Aduda was the Anglican Bishop of the Gwagwalada Dioceses.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY