FCT Minister Commissioning the 5th Production Line at the NBC Abuja Plant on Tuesday, 29/09/2021
…REITERATES ABUJA AS A GOOD INVESTMENT DESTINATION
1. Minister of the federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has again reiterated that the FCT is a good investment destination and called on the organized private sector to take advantage of the investment opportunities inherent in the Territory.
2. The Minister made this reiteration during his tour of the Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC) Plant located at the Idu Industrial District in Abuja where he commissioned the Plant’s 5th production line.
3. In the words of the Minister, “Abuja, as you can see, and the FCT, by its geographical location is well connected by air, by road and by rail, it’s a very good destination for investment and it’s also very secure. So, I want to encourage other investors to look at the history of NBC in Abuja. They have been here since 2006, started with only one plant, now they have four plants and what we just commissioned now is one of the largest in the country. So, Abuja is a good destination for industries and I want more of them to come”.
4. The Minister expressed his delight with the investment of the NBC in the FCT and commended the management of the plant for maintaining best global practices in its operations and also for adding value to the economy of the FCT with employment and other economic opportunities created.
5. Also speaking the Chairman of the NBC, Amb. Segun Apata thanked the FCT Minster for his visit to the plant and said discussions were held on the company’s plans to expand the company’s operations in the FCT.
6. The Minister was accompanied by the Chief of Staff, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, the Ag Executive Secretary of the FCDA, Tpl Zaliha’u Ahmed and other senior officials of the FCTA.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY