1. The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has expressed deep sorrow over the death of the missing Vanguard newspaper journalist, Mr Tordue Salem who was killed by a confessed hit and run driver in the Mabushi Area of Abuja.
2. Malam Bello also condoled the family of Mr Salem and prayed that God Almighty grants them comfort in this difficult period.
3. In the same vein, he expressed his condolences to the Management of Vanguard Newspapers and the FCT Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalist.
4. The Hon. Minister also commended the Police Force Intelligence Bureau for its efforts in unravelling the circumstances leading to the demise of the journalist and called on members of the public to promptly report all suspected criminal matters to the security agencies.
5. He also assured residents of the FCT of the Administration’s commitment to ensure the safety of all lives and property within the nation’s capital.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY